What better way to set the Vibe (see what we did there ) than with the southern staple of Shrimp & Grits!? Soulful and spicy this meal is sure to impress!
Wine recommendation: Chardonnay
Non Alcoholic Alternative: Your favorite sparkling drink. We love the sparkling Rose from Welch’s.
Candle Pairing: Vibes
2 lb Raw Shrimp (Peeled & deveined)
Blackening seasoning or Old Bay seasoning
1 carton Chicken or Seafood Stock
2 cups Heavy Cream
Grits ( Stone grits preferred)
1 cup Water
2 sticks of Butter
Smoked Gouda or cheese of your choice
Green onion & parsley (Garnish)
- Season shrimp with blackening seasoning and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, combine water with seafood stock (or chicken stock) and bring to a low boil.
- Stir in grits with a whisk, let boil for 7 minutes, and simmer on low. Add salt and pepper for taste.
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter and garlic, cook shrimp 3 minutes on each side, and set aside. In the same pan, whisk in small scoop of flour until brown, and add in water. Whisk until there are no lumps. Seasoning with seasonings of your choice, and simmer on low.
- Add heavy cream to grits for thicker and creamier texture. Whisk in grated cheese.
- Put grits in a bowl, add your shrimp, and top with cream sauce. Garnish with green onions and/or parsley.
Wine Recommendation: Dry Riesling
Non Alcoholic Alternative: Virgin Peach Bellini (recipe below)
Candle Pairing: Sunday Morning Musings/Feeling Brand New
4 Whole chicken wings
3 cups All purpose flour or chicken breading
2 tbsp Select seasoning
2 tsp Granulated garlic
2 tsp Granulated onion
1 tsp Paprika
2 tsp Old Bay seasoning
My Favorite Red Velvet Pancake Mix (found in World Market or Amazon)
Cream cheese icing
- Blend seasonings in a bowl and evenly seasoning chicken. Add in mustard and hot sauce, mix in bowl and set aside.
- If you’re using a deep fryer, set temperature to 350 degrees. If you’re using stove top,set heat to medium.
- In another bowl, read directions on box of Pancake/Waffle mix. Add in waffle mix, and stir in heavy cream until texture thickens. Heat your waffle maker and spray with non stick spray.
- Mix seasoning blend in with your flour, and toss chicken until evenly coated. Let chicken fry for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Let it stand and cool off before eating.
- Pour Waffle mix into the waffle maker and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Top with powdered sugar, drizzle cream cheese and serve with fried chicken..
Virgin Peach Bellini
1 Cup of peaches, peeled, chopped (frozen or fresh)
(750 ml) bottle sparkling apple cider, chilled (3 cups)
- Allow chopped peaches to defrost if using frozen. If using fresh peaches, put puree in the freezer to chill about 1/2-1 hour before proceeding(or put peaches in the freezer till they are really cold, about 1/2-3/4 hour.
- Place in a blender with 1/2 cup sparkling cider.
- Blend until peaches are pureed.
- Divide puree evenly between 4 champagne glasses.
- Fill glasses with remaining sparkling cider.
- Serve and enjoy!
Wine Pairing: Pinot Noir
Non Alcoholic Alternative: Sparkling Blood Orange
Mocktail (try this recipe by Marisa Moore)
Candle Pairing: Vacation/Proud of You
Loaf of Brioche bread
1 tsp Sugar
2 cups of Milk
2 tsp Nutmeg
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Nutmeg
2 Green apples (sliced)
2 Sticks Butter
3 shots of Crown Apple
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, vanilla extract and Crown Apple. Coat bread evenly.
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Fry bread on both sides until golden brown.
- In a separate skillet, Melt 2 sticks of butter,and whisk in cinnamon, sliced apples and shot of crown apple. Fry apples until crispy brown in butter and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Top butter drizzle over French toast, and serve with warm syrup.